Make a Difference in the Lives of Girls!
Join the growing Girls Inc. of Memphis team as our new
Director of Development
Girls Inc. of Memphis inspires all girls to be strong, smart and bold. Since 1946, Girls Inc. of Memphis has provided girls ages 6 – 18 research based, age appropriate curricula to equip girls to be healthy, educated and independent. Every Girls Inc. team member plays a vital role in fulfilling our mission and making a positive impact on our community.
Responsible for managing the affiliate’s fund development program annual giving from all sources; research, data entry, gift processing and acknowledgments; stewardship; marketing and communications; grant writing; and annual special events. Serving as a member of the agency leadership team, this position is also responsible for helping to shape and to lead the affiliate’s future.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
· Embrace and communicate the Girls Inc. vision, mission, and values to our publics.
· Develop, implement and track, in collaboration with CEO, development team members, board Development Committee, an annual written fund development plan for the agency with specific goals and strategies for each revenue source (individuals, corporate, foundation, events, government, earned, in-kind, etc).
· Set, meet and report on agreed upon dollar goals for all aspects of fund development plan.
· Set, meet and report on agreed upon non-dollar goals for each of the fund development plan.
· Ensure a robust and accurate donor database in maintained with accuracy.
· Provide excellent donor-centered communications and acknowledgements in a timely fashion.
· Recruit, hire, supervise, coach, monitor and evaluate development staff members and consultants to ensure development team grows professionally and the development plan achieves annual goals in a healthy and efficient manner.
· Work collaboratively with the CEO and chair of the Board of Directors Development Committee to actively engage board members in annual development plan to achieve agency revenue goals.
· Provide leadership and oversight of agency events designed for brand awareness, fund development, donor cultivation/stewardship, etc.
· Provide oversight of volunteer program including recruitment, orientation, placement, support, and tracking.
· Research, implement and track ongoing and new giving opportunities/strategies to inform development plan for all funding sources.
· Be responsible for actively engaging in major gift solicitation, gift strategies and ensuring callers are making calls, closing and stewarding as appropriate. This includes equipping and mobilizing the CEO, other internal influencers and external volunteer influencers.
· Work collaboratively with the Champions for Girls Growth Campaign team and committee to close out the $8M campaign and plan for the transition to a robust annual campaign.
· Work in conjunction with the public relations firm to ensure successful organizational communications to include overall brand awareness, donor communication, program recruitment needs, and website.
· Act as the liaison to the agency for all website support, enews support and print publication and social media needs.
· Recruit, train, coach and support development team members to maximize fund development and organization success.
· Work collaboratively with the Vice President to align program operations with fund development operations for mutual success.
· Meet all reporting deadlines with accuracy and competency.
· Commitment and proactive approach to personal growth and development.
· Serve as a member of the leadership team by staying abreast of organization-wide issues, and contributing to the overall management of the organization.
· Ability to manage all aspects of the development operations without a team.
· Approach the work with a focus on girls and staff on their terms and advocate on their behalf – inclusive.
· Focus on thoughtful qualitative and quantitative inquiry for continuous improvement – accountable.
· Take ownership and proactive action for overall agency success – brave.
· Find the light and joy in the work through positive interactions with others – joyous.
· Bachelor’s degree
· 2+ years supervisory experience
· An articulated belief in the mission of Girls Inc.
· A proven track record as a major gift officer and manager
· Excellent communications skills emphasizing the ability to listen and hear others
· Ability to thrive in a fast paced active environment within complexity
· Commitment to equity
· A sense of humor
· Ability to lead and manage people of all backgrounds and experiences
· Computer proficient
· Current valid driver's license and insurance
· Ability to work nights and weekends
GIRLS INC. IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER